Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Another hurdle...

I had a procedure done on Monday (11/7/11) called a sonohysterography (SHG). I won't go into all the details, but the purpose of it is to detect abnormalities of the uterus and uterine cavity. Since all my tests had been negative so far, I figured this one would be too. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. They told me I had a polyp in my uterus and they needed to measure it and then let me know the plan. A few minutes later they told me it was over 5mm and needed to be surgically removed before moving forward with IVF. So, I'll be having my very first surgery in a few weeks. Thankfully my mom was with me for that appointment. It was nice to have her there since it was unexpected news. I guess the positive spin on this is that they found it early and will get it out of the way so my uterus can handle all the upcoming activity like a champ!

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."-- Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Con, I love the quote you included. So inspiring. Sending strength and patience and positive loving vibes to you and Ryan. Hope we can reconnect this week!

    ReplyDelete