Sunday, February 26, 2012

Still waiting...

All the books, articles, blogs, forums, etc. that we have read over the past 2 years did NOT exaggerate how difficult the infamous "2 week wait" is. Now, we've been in the 2 week wait many, many times (27 to be exact) while trying to conceive over the past 2 years and 3 months, but nothing compares to the 2 week wait after IVF. We actually feel like we have a chance this time and cannot wait to find out if this will be our answer. Our pregnancy test is scheduled for 3/5 at 11:30am and then they will call me later that afternoon with the results. We probably will not update this blog before then because we are keeping ourselves VERY busy this next week. We have things planned with each other, friends or family, work, or fantasy baseball (in Ryan's case) every day and evening this week. We have every intention of keeping our minds off of what is to come, BUT we would love for all of you to keep us on your minds with thoughts, prayers, positive vibes, and fingers crossed!!

In the meantime, we leave you with a very touching poem I came across while reading Every Drunken Cheerleader Why Not Me? by Kristine Waits, a book I'm reading for an infertility support group I recently joined. We'll be discussing this book tomorrow evening. This poem hit a cord with both me and Ryan as we try very hard to be patiently waiting at this time...

Patiently Waiting

Baby I love you though God has not yet given you to me,
I have spent my whole life learning patience and that is now what I am trying to be.

I love you though we have not met, and though you are not yet real;
Somehow you are in every thought, and love is all I feel.

You're a dream I didn't know I had, a prayer I didn't know I would pray;
A song that I would sing for you, if only you would stay.

We want you in our life to share a love that is so strong;
And we will continue to wait for you - it does not matter how long.

We believe God's perfect plan so you will come when the time is right;
And though you are not yet real, you are already Mommy's delight.

I want to hold you in my arms and teach you to be great;
I want you to be our legacy, our destiny, our fate.

Your daddy and I love you and we can't wait for the day;
When we hug and kiss you gently and you will not go away.

We have a wonderful marriage, maybe this hardship is our test;
But holding hands together, we continue to pray for the best.

That you will grace our lives with greatness and make us a family;
So the love that is too much for two can soon be shared by three.

No comments:

Post a Comment