Documentation of our journey for ourselves, our family & friends, and people we don't know who may benefit from hearing our story.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Fear No Needle
Some of you are probably wondering how I've been handling the injectables so far. The first night was pretty nerve-wracking. In my impulsive nature, I was trying to get it over with as quickly as possible, while Ryan (the obviously more rational one in this moment) slowed me down and double checked the instructions to make sure I was doing everything correctly. So, after he gave me the okay, I grabbed a chunk of skin on my thigh and did the deed (taking deep breaths before, during, and after). Once I realized that I did not pass out, have any burning sensations or other weird symptoms, I knew I'd be able to handle the rest. I'm a little over a week in now with the Lupron. No major hormonal mood swings or anything so far. I was told to administer it around the same time every night (between 7 and 9pm). Most of the time I've been at home, but once I had to do it in the bathroom at an NYC restaurant and another time at Maggie Moo's bathroom in Lancaster (CZ accompanied me for that one and we made it fun). I will be taking Lupron for another week or two. I have my baseline bloodwork and ultrasound appt on 2/7/12 and they'll see how everything is looking and let me know when to start the Follistim and Menopur which are follicle stimulators. I will be on these for 8-12 days and will have bloodwork and ultrasounds throughout to monitor my progression. There will be about 12 days that I will be injecting 3 different medications.... yikes!
Here are some important dates coming up:
2/8/12: Baseline bloodwork and ultrasound
2/10/12: Bloodwork
2/13/12: Bloodwork and ultrasound
2/15/12: Bloodwork and ultrasound
2/17/12: Bloodwork and ultrasound
2/19/12: EGG RETRIEVAL
2/23, 2/24, or 2/25: EMBRYO TRANSFER
Thanks for following along with us on this journey. Positive thoughts and prayers are much appreciated!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment